As part of the DIFS-live programme, eight students performed measurements in the cool chain in broiler slaughterhouses in Jakarta. The students conducted this research as part of their study at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of IPB in Bogor. The research was supervised by Drh MSi Dr.med.vet. Denny Widaya Lukman. From October until December 2016 the students were divided in three groups and performed measurements in the cool chain in a private slaughterhouse and at five vendors with broiler slaughter at two central slaughter locations in Jakarta. Measurement of temperature was done in different stages of slaughter: after evisceration, before chilling, after chilling, in the chiller room and during transport. Both skin and meat temperature was registered. The results of the research will be used in training programmes designed and implemented by the DIFS-live programme.
- Cow Signals Bahasa, Indonesia launched on the 21st of November! December 7, 2017
- Concluding seminar DIFS-Live December 7, 2017
- Successful workshop on Dairy Feed Improvements held at Bandung November 19, 2017
- Meeting with Farmer Group Leader (Disseminate the programme) November 16, 2017
- Training-of-Trainers (ToT) programme for Feed Inspectors & supervisors in the Netherlands October 21, 2017